Argentinean Grilled Steak with Salsa Criolla
It’s finally grilling season! Fire up your grill, set the patio table, and enjoy a delicious South American recipe. These Argentinian-style steaks paired with a homemade criolla sauce are a simple, healthy, and filling dinner. Pair with arepas (cornmeal patties popular in Columbia and Venezuela), and a healthy quinoa salad to complete your South American supper.Download the Recipe Card
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 large, ripe tomato (cored, seeded, and finely chopped, about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 small red onion (finely chopped, about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano leaf
- 1/8 tsp low-sodium adobo seasoning
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
FOR THE STEAK
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1/8 teaspoon low-sodium adobo seasoning
DIRECTIONS FOR THE SAUCE
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato, onions, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, low-sodium adobo seasoning and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up until 48 hours.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE STEAK
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak on both sides with low-sodium adobo seasoning. Place steak on hot, greased grill grates.
- Cook, flipping once, until steak is well browned on both sides and cooked to 145 °F (about 6 minutes for medium-rare).
- Let it rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
- Divide steak evenly among serving plates. Top with reserved Salsa Criolla.
Fat: 11 g
Protein: 25 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 80 mg
Source: USDA Mixing Bowl