Homemade Cat and Dog Treats Recipe
FOR DOGS: Peanut Butter Delight Dog Biscuits Recipe
For dogs who love peanut butter, this homemade treat recipe has a double dose of nutty goodness in the batter and the creamy frosting.Download the Dog Treats Recipe Card
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine all ingredients and mix on low until blended.
- Form into tablespoon-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls to 1/4-inch using the tines of a fork.
- Alternately, roll the dough on a floured surface and cut out using a bone-shaped cookie cutter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Combine 1/3 cup of peanut butter with 1/4 cup of soy milk. Stir vigorously until combined. Spread onto the dog cookies.
FOR CATS: Tuna Cookies for Kitties
Treat your feline friend to a delicious cookie treat, made by its favorite human.Download the Recipe Card for Cat Treats
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 6-ounce can tuna in oil (do not drain)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, adding a little water if dough is too stiff.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes with your favorite cookie cutter, or use a pizza cutter to cross-cut into small diamond shapes.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container.