Warm, Comforting Chicken Soup
Nothing is more comforting on a chilly winter evening than a steaming bowl of chicken soup. Serve with warm, crusty bread or refrigerated biscuits for a hearty meal.Download the Recipe Card
- 6 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 cup chicken (cooked)
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1-3/4 cups fresh chopped vegetables (such as potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, or cabbage)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. parsley (dried)
- Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 1 cup of bite-sized pieces.
- Place the cooked chicken in a large saucepan.
- Add the broth and uncooked rice; cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped onions, chopped vegetables, and seasonings.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Stir and simmer the soup for 15 to 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the rice is cooked through.
- Hint: For best results, refer to the rice package for cooking time.
Fat: 3 g
Protein: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 210 mg