RECIPE: Grilled Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
Basically, summer on a warm tortilla. Try something light and sweet for summertime taco night with healthy tilapia filets, juicy fresh peaches, crunchy peppers and onions, and a simple dressing to complete this any-time-of-the-week meal.Grilled Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALSA
- 1 can 15.25 ounces peach halves (drained, rinsed, and chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (finely chopped, about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 red onion (finely chopped, about 1/4 cup)
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper (rinsed, seeded, and finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FISH
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 lb)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. low-sodium adobo seasoning
- 1 package low-sodium sazon seasoning
- 8 6″ flour tortillas (warmed)
DIRECTIONS FOR THE SALSA
- In a medium bowl, stir together chopped peaches, bell pepper, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, and lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE FISH
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Using paper towels, pat fish dry, transfer to plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, low-sodium adobo and sazon packet.
- Rub fish with spice mixture to coat completely.
- Place fish on hot greased grill grates.
- Cook, flipping once until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (145 degrees Fahrenheit), about 8 minutes.
- Thinly slice fish.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with 1/2 fish fillet and about 1/3 cup of salsa.
Source: USDA Mixing Bowl
Fat: 5 g
Protein: 27 g
Carbohydrates: 44 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 mg
Sodium: 380 mg