RECIPE: Peach Mango Italian Ice with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Yes, you can make this refreshing, icy summer treat without an ice cream machine!Peach Mango Italian Ice with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
INGREDIENTS FOR ITALIAN ICE
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen (no-sugar-added) mango
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen (no-sugar-added) peaches
- ½ teaspoon stevia sweetener OR 1 packet stevia sweetener
- 2 squeezes peach mango-flavored stevia water enhancer
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
INGREDIENTS FOR FROZEN YOGURT
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 small bananas (10 ounces), sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon stevia sweetener OR 2 packets stevia sweetener
- 5 drops vanilla crème-flavored stevia sweetener
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPINGS
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced into 8 slices
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced into 8 slices
- 8 fresh mint sprigs
- In a food processor, process the Italian ice ingredients for 30 to 40 seconds, or until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Freeze, covered with plastic wrap, for 2 hours. Using a fork, scrape all the ice to create an icy-granular texture. Recover with plastic wrap. Re-freeze for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Rinse the food processor.
- In the food processor, process the frozen yogurt ingredients for 30 to 40 seconds, or until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Freeze, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, scoop ¼ cup of the frozen yogurt into 8 small bowls. (If the yogurt is frozen for 4 hours or more, it may be too hard to scoop. If it is, let the yogurt sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before scooping into bowls.)
- Using a fork, scrape the Italian ice to create an icy-granular texture. (If the Italian ice is frozen for more than 2½ hours, it may be too hard to scrape. If it is, let the ice sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before scraping with a fork.) Scoop ¼ cup of the Italian ice on top of each scoop of yogurt.
- Garnish each bowl with a peach slice, mango slice, and mint sprig.
Source: American Heart Association
Fat: 0.5 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 mg
Sodium: 12 mg