RECIPE: Michelle’s Chocolate Tarts
Michelle Young, owner of The Artful Baker in East Windsor, NJ, shares her decadent recipe for chocolate tarts.
- 3 (12 oz.) bags of Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 pint Raspberries
- Cooking Spray or Shortening
- 3 oz. Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
- Peanut Butter or Nutella®, optional
- 1 Quart Ziploc Freezer Bag(s)
- Parchment Paper or Wax Paper
- 2 Cookie Sheets
- 1 Cookie Cutter Mold, any shape
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Lightly grease the inside of each cookie cutter mold with cooking spray or shortening.
- Melt 12 oz. of chocolate in microwave in 60 second intervals (@ 50% so as not to seize and checking frequently not to overheat) until pouring consistency.
- Place cookie cutter mold on cookie sheet.
- Peanut butter or Nutella may be added to the melted chocolate before pouring into the mold for a flavor twist; pour chocolate into molds about halfway up.
- Gently tap the cookie sheets on the counter to ensure chocolate is even.
- Place fruit into the mold on top of the chocolate, gently pressing in.
- Place cookie sheet into refrigerator until solid, 10–20 minutes depending on the thickness of the poured chocolate.
- Remove from the refrigerator & carefully lift the mold from the chocolate tart.
To make ganache for drizzling over tarts:
When making homemade ganache, you need a 1:2 ratio of cream to chocolate.
- Place 6 oz. finely chopped chocolate into a heat-proof glass or metal bowl.
- Heat 3 oz. of cream on the stovetop until just simmering. Turn off the heat and immediately pour the warm cream over the chocolate.
- Let the two sit for a few minutes before stirring.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into a Ziploc bag and cut a tiny hole in one corner.
- Squeeze ganache in a random pattern over the tarts.
- Allow to dry.