Apple Pistachio Crisp – Fun for Fall
Fruit-based desserts can contribute to making half your plate fruits and veggies. True to their name, Honeycrisp apples are sweet and crunchy, perfectly delicious raw, but also ideal in baking. And their sweetness lends potential to reducing added sugar, as we did with this apple crisp.Download the Recipe Card
Dietary Fiber: 7g
- 3 apples (such as Honeycrisp, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar 1/4 cup pistachios (unsalted, chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter (melted)
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 ºF.
- Place sliced apples, raisins, and lemon juice in 8” x 8” pan
or baking dish; toss.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except melted
- Add melted margarine and mix until texture is consistent.
Sprinkle over apple-raisin mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!