RECIPE: 4 Healthy Salads Packed with Prenatal Nutrients
Full of wholesome, summer-fresh fruits and vegetables, entrée salads can contain vital nutrients a pregnant body needs, including calcium, folate, iron and protein.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN ARUGULA SALAD
- 12 cups arugula leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp. grainy mustard
- 2 oz. Asiago cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- Combine arugula, cherry tomatoes and white beans in large bowl.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, chicken tenders and several pinches of salt and pepper; sauté until juicy and just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add to salad.
- Whisk remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil with vinegar and mustard in a small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Divide salad among four dinner plates and sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
Fat: 16 g
Protein: 41 g
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Dietary Fiber: 7 g
See the other 4 recipes on Parents.comDownload the Recipe PDF