RECIPE: 5 Pasta Recipes for Cold Weather Comfort
Pasta has long been derided as a “bad” carbohydrate, but despite popular belief, you can transform pasta into a nutritious, low-calorie meal. On a cold week-night, choose any of these 5 recipes and tuck into a bowl of cozy carbs that are affordable, quick and delicious!
INGREDIENTS FOR WHOLE-GRAIN PASTA CARBONARA
- 12 oz spaghetti, whole-wheat, dry
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 oz parmesan cheese
- 2 oz Canadian bacon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While cooking pasta, dice ham and sautee in a frying pan until a little crispy.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter and garlic, and use an immersion blender to blend well.
- Drain pasta and return to hot pasta cooking pot. While stirring, mix in egg-milk-cheese-garlic mixture.
- Keep stirring for a few minutes until sauce thickens. Add in ham and stir.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese and ground black pepper, if desired.
See the other 4 recipes here: Livestrong.comDownload the Recipe PDF