RECIPE: Oven Roasted Salmon With Avocado Citrus Salsa
This healthy and colorful dish pairs heart-healthy salmon and avocado with fresh citrus. Did you know that there is a curious medical condition that prevents you from smelling things like fish, oranges, pepper, and peppermint? Read about 9 Curious Medical Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore.
- 1 ripe, fresh avocado (halved, pitted, peeled, diced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe navel orange, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced, seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely diced scallions
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded, finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (approximately 2 oz. each)
- In a medium bowl combine avocado, lime juice, orange, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; set aside.
- Heat broiler.
- Season salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange fillets on a lightly greased foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil salmon 4 inches from heat source until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- To serve, place fillets on a platter; top with salsa.
Fat: 13 g
Protein: 16 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Sodium: 329 mg
Source: American Heart Association