RECIPE: 4 Non-alcoholic Drinks to Sip (or Spike) All Winter Long
Non-alcoholic drinks are popping up in restaurants and bar menus. It may look intimidating, but it’s all about how you layer the (simple and affordable) ingredients. You can make these for yourself or for a party, and you can offer the option of adding your favorite spirit or use the suggested spirits provided in the recipes.
INGREDIENTS FOR TEA-TOTALER’S TODDY
- 6 jasmine green tea bags
- ¾ cup honey
- 12 sprigs mint, divided
- 6 lemons, divided
- Optional — 12 oz. mezcal (tequila)
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a medium pot. Remove from heat and add tea bags, honey, and 6 mint sprigs. Cover and let sit 8 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove tea bags and mint, gently pressing with a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Meanwhile, slice 4 lemons in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl. Slice remaining 2 lemons into rounds; remove seeds.
- Add lemon juice, lemon slices, and remaining 6 mint sprigs to hot toddy.
- Ladle into mugs and spike with 1 oz. mezcal if desired.
See the other 3 recipes here: Bon AppétitDownload the Recipe PDF