RECIPE: Broccoli Strawberry Orzo Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
Welcome in the first rays of summer sun and take advantage of an abundance of fresh fruits and veggies. Fresh broccoli and strawberries are colorful additions to this refreshing summer delight. Lemon dressing brings a bright flavor to this pasta dish.Download Broccoli Strawberry Orzo Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- Poppy seeds (1 teaspoon, optional)
- Cook orzo pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo pasta, broccoli, strawberries, and sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle with lemon poppy seed vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Source: USDA Mixing Bowl
Fat: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 31 mg