RECIPE: Everything Egg Avocado Yogurt Bowl
Did you know certain foods can actually lower your levels of cortisol, the primary stress hormone? While helpful when released in short-term stressful scenarios, long-term release of the hormone leads to inflammation and increased blood pressure.1 So lowering cortisol is best controlled with an anti-inflammatory diet, full of foods high in vitamin B, magnesium, protein and fermented foods. Here’s a recipe for cortisol de-stressing, boasting Greek yogurt, quinoa and olive oil in addition to eggs and avocado.
- 1 cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, farro, or quinoa
- 2 eggs, soft-boiled, poached, or fried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel spice, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup arugula or micro greens
- Flaky sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh chopped chives, basil, or dill, for serving
- Spread the yogurt between 2 bowls.
- Top with brown rice, eggs, and avocado.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with everything spice.
- Add a handful of greens.
- Drizzle each bowl lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Enjoy!