RECIPE: Chicken Burger With Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli
The U.S. Department of Health suggests that fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, lean proteins and healthy fats (like omega-3s) are foods you’ll want to focus on for heart health. Many of us know this… but can we get that enriching, home-cooked taste too? Try this chicken burger recipe:
2 Tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
2 Tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and black pepper
1 lb lean ground chicken
4 whole-wheat or potato buns (or even English muffins), split
2 cups arugula, baby spinach, or mixed greens
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, and rosemary. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Set the aioli aside.
- Preheat a grill, grill pan, or cast-iron skillet.
- Combine the ground chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper and mix gently.
- Without overworking the meat, form into four patties until the chicken just comes together.
- When the grill or skillet is hot (if using a skillet, add a touch of oil), add the burgers.
- Cook on the first side for 5 to 6 minutes, until a nice crust develops.
- Flip and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the burgers are firm but ever so slightly yielding to the touch and cooked through.
- Remove the burgers. While the grill or pan is hot, toast the buns.
- Layer the bottom buns with the arugula, top each with a burger, then slather the aioli over the top of each.
- Crown with the bun tops and serve.
Sources: EAT THIS, NOT THAT